Health Information Fundamentals program application process
Admission into the Health Information Fundamentals program will be open from May 15 – August 28, 2023 for the September 2023 cohort.
The diploma is available to individuals who possess a three-year degree in any discipline and those who are actively pursuing their degrees while taking the Health Information Fundamentals program.
In order to ensure that learners have the basic capabilities necessary to be successful in the program’s academic courses, it is recommended that learners have the following pre-requisite knowledge, skills, or course completion:
- Knowledge and skills with introductory level courses in computer applications, such as spreadsheets, word processing and programming
- English Language Proficiency requirements: Completion of TOEFL exam with a minimum acceptable score of IBT: 86 overall with a minimum score of 20 on each of the four components (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening), valid for 2 years.
Please submit your application using our Online Application Portal.
To apply, you will need the following items:
- Current resume (Word or PDF)
- Official or copy of academic transcripts (PDF)
- Official copy of English language proficiency test scores/certificate (if applicable)
- One-page letter of intent (Word or PDF) describing previous training and experience; your assessment of your learning needs; and why you think this program will help you meet your learning needs
- Credit/debit card to submit the $59 non-refundable application fee
Please note: An application will not be reviewed until all required documentation is received. Program staff will notify you directly if additional information or documentation is required. Email confirmation is sent upon successful submission of the application and receipt of payment.
Fall 2023 application dates:
- Open date: May 15, 2023
Close date: August 28, 2023
Winter 2024 application dates:
- Open date: September 22, 2023
Close date: December 10, 2023
Spring 2024 application dates:
- Open date: January 15, 2024
Close date: April 16th, 2024