Take your writing skills to the next level
Take your writing skills to the next level to communicate your ideas with confidence. Investing time to work on your writing can help improve your grades and strengthen your everyday communications skills.
Connect with one of our writing advisors who will provide you with one-on-one advising services to advance your writing and identify areas where you can improve. Whether you need guidance organizing your thoughts into an outline or polishing your completed draft, check in with one of our advisors to receive coaching at any stage of the writing process.
Information Box Group
Why use our writing services:
- You struggle to get started with writing assignments and often feel stressed while writing.
- You keep getting the same feedback on your assignments, but you’re unsure what the criticism means or how to improve.
- You want to chat with someone about specific writing questions and techniques.
Our writing services can help you:
- Build skills and learn strategies to improve your academic writing so you can write more efficiently.
- Understand how to communicate your ideas effectively.
- Explore your ideas from different angles.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses to know which habits you should keep and which you need to work on.
- Learn how to correct common errors.
- Work on assignments at any stage in the writing process.
Learn more about our writing services
If you are a student enrolled in an academic course, you can take advantage of our writing services. Writing advising appointments are 50 minutes long. All appointments will be offered virtually and will take place online using Zoom. Your appointment is free. Please make sure you do not miss your appointment.
To book an appointment, please contact Dr. Karen Rosenberg at email@example.com. Then, you will be contacted to set up your one-on-one appointment and share additional details. Please note that services for McMaster Continuing Education students are limited to writing support at this time.
Appointments will resume on Monday, January 16, 2023. Some evening appointments are available.
- A copy of your work (e.g., a draft of your assignment, an outline)
- Your course outline and assignment instructions, including a grading rubric if available
- Specific goals for which skills you want to develop
- Ideas and questions about your writing
Students with disabilities who require academic accommodation must contact Student Accessibility Services (SAS) at 905-525-9140 ext. 28652 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements with a Program Coordinator. For further information, consult McMaster University’s Academic Accommodation of Students with Disabilities policy.