Skip to McMaster Navigation Skip to Site Navigation Skip to main content
McMaster logo

International Students

Online courses to help you advance

McMaster Continuing Education offers a range of certificate, diploma, and professional development programs. Our programs are offered exclusively online which means that the programs can be completed from any country regardless of your citizenship AND without any additional international student fees. The prices mentioned on our website are the price you would pay (CAD $). You would only want to keep in mind our Eastern time zone for “virtual classroom” offerings for a few programs (e.g., Accounting) and potential group work in other programs (e.g., Project Management, Human Resources, etc.). Most of our programs are offered in a flexible “online” learning format where students participate in the course on days and times that are convenient for them each week.

Most programs also have open-enrolment, which means that you do not need to apply – you just select and pay for your first course(s) in the program to begin and then you are automatically enrolled in your program of choice upon checkout. Each program page will have either a “register now” or “apply now” tab to learn how to register or apply after you have reviewed specific program requirements. Learn more about our programscredentials, and the student journey process on our website.

Although our online programs are not eligible for study permits or post-graduate work permits, they can be eligible for study permit extensions if you are already physically in Canada and you are taking a program that is at least 6 months in duration. We can assist by completing a letter of intent for study permit purposes that you can provide to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for study permit extension applications only. View Government of Canada information regarding study and work permits.

Please note that all students are required to meet McMaster’s English language proficiency requirements or the listed exemptions prior to taking any courses. You do not need to provide us with proof that you have met these requirements for our open-enrolment programs, but you will need to provide test scores for any application-based programs (e.g., Professional Addiction Studies, Health Informatics, and Health Information Fundamentals).

If you have any questions, please contact our Student Information Services team through our contact form.